Film Jobs Mission
So you are looking for film jobs and are not sure where to look first. Maybe you only use one or two and would like to see what else is out there to get your career moving. Well here is a rundown of the main contenders.
Film and Tv Pro (Now owns Mandy.com)
This is another staple of my film work hunting. Thankfully its much better than Mandy.com in layout and profiles etc.. I use it to update my credits there instead of the pain of going through IMDB. There is a paid part and an unpaid part. You pay to see the paid jobs and you don’t need to pay to see the unpaid opportunities (there words not mine) Again busiest at the start of the week and generally falls off as no postings happen at the weekend. There is also a forum.
Film Jobs: Why You Should…
- Its Free if you just want a profile and look at unpaid work.
- Pay monthly or yearly options available with no contract for the paid jobs board.
- Lots of jobs and the paid jobs make back paying for the service easily in a year.
- Quite a few jobs posted there first and then if desperate post on Mandy.com later.
- More functions and features than mandy.com such as multiple pictures etc…
Film Jobs: Why You Should Be Careful
- Lots of Low/No Pay in the unpaid opportunities.
- People and companies with bad reputations so check people out on other sites.
If you think I should mention your favourite sites then join me and leave a comment. Even get rewarded with free sound effects.
London Sound Recordist
I am a London Sound Recordist and Sound Editor for many types of projects around the film genres. This covers creative content right through to feature films. I am passionate about sharing my journey and knowledge to help the rest of the community. If you need anything from me, feel free to get in touch with me at London Sound Recordist.