Sound Devices 664 Firmware 2.02
Want more techniques? Want faster learning? Want to learn from Oscar winning sound mixers?
Sound Devices 664 Firmware 2.0
This is a great firmware update from Sound Devices for the 664. Its main new feature is the ability to utilise the direct outs as inputs 7-12 allowing for 16 track recording. This was only possible before with the purchase of the CL6 add on. The CL6 is still needed if inputs 1-12 require lots of mixing unless you get really used to switching on the fly.
Sound Devices released this video explaining how to do this and the link is at the bottom of this page.
But the fun doesnt stop there, Sound Devices 2.0 also comes with new Meter Views which allow you to now toggle 3 views via several presets. Most interesting is the Fat Mix view with 1-8 iso. This gets rid of the X1, X2 and doubles the size of the mix tracks L and R. Nice viewing for on the fly and maybe will even help out the daylight mode in strong sun.
The last bit is the ability to use the PFL mode as either pre or post fader routing which is a nice touch.
Heres a video I did showing it all
Should you want to download Firmware 2.0 directly simply click Download Sound devices 664 Firmware 2.0 Revision
Sound Devices 664 Firmware 2.01 details
Last update November 20, 2013
Changes introduced in 2.01 include:
Fixed – Rare issue where record bell and subsequent recorded files are distorted.
Deleting Notes from a take that is recorded as WAV on one media and MP3 on the other media results in a lock up.
Sound Devices 664 Firmware 2.02 details
Last update February 28, 2014
Changes introduced in 2.02 include:
- New: Added new Timecode modes, ‘Free Run Auto Mute’ and ’24h Run Auto Mute’. These modes operate just like Free run and 24h modes, but mute the Lemo LTC timecode output when recording is stopped. This can be used to roll external devices when Rec run timecode is not suitable e.g. multi-cam shoots.
- New: Added shortcut for super-fast scene name editing. Pressing HP encoder + RTN A during record edits the current take’s scene name. Pressing HP encoder + RTN A during stop edits the next take’s scene name.
- New: Added User Bit modes including support for automatically inserting the date into User Bits.
- New: Added Headphone Preset List menu in the System menu. This adds the ability to customize how many and which HP presets show in the HP preset List. Ideal for setting up the HP preset list for reduced scrolling and quicker access to presets.
- New: Added support for the wireless mini keyboard Rii / RT-MWK01, ideal for use as a compact remote control.
- Fix: Lock up when deleting notes form files recorder as MP3 to one media and WAV to the other.
- Various system and media optimizations improving performance with monophonic file recording. See the 664 Approved Media List for further additions. Note: It is highly recommended to format media using this new version to benefit from these improvements.