The sennheiser G3 is the best (in my opinion) bet for anyone starting out and needing a good solid wireless system. You can watch the video for the full explination but in short:
- Mini Jack connection is very useful for not just radio microphones but other uses for the sets.
- Battery life with 2 full AAs you are looking at about 10 hours
- Wider frequency blocks than block 606 in the UK
- Limiters in the wireless packs make it tough for dynamic scenes
- Size, the battery life is good but design is a bit big still
- Range / fixed antenna, lots of people modding these now but range is fair but not amazing.