Sound Devices 664 Firmware Update 2.03
It's nearly been a full year since the Last Sound Devices 664 Firmware. Now comes 2.03 with some nice new features and fixes.
Changes introduced in 2.03 include:
- Added [METERS + MIC] shortcut to quickly access the Time Code Jam Menu.
- Added ability to adjust external slate mic gain. Adjust from the System/Slate Mic Gain menu or by using the [MIC + HP Turn] shortcut.
- Added new 'Free Run Jam Once' Time Code Mode.
- Added ability to quickly clear the entire scene list, rather than by deleting individual entries. Select the Next take in the Take List, choose EDIT, then Scene, then <Clear List>.
- Added Word Clock In Sensitivity setting in Timecode/Sync menu, Sensitivity can be set to High or Low.
- L-Ident tone now goes to X1 output as well as the L output.
- Scene Name Shortcut now edits current entry rather than adds a new entry, preventing unnecessarily long scene name lists.
- Various system optimizations and improvements.
- User Bits UU values are now held over power cycles.
- Incorrect file date stamp fixed when recording to exFAT-formatted cards..
- General clean up of scene and trackname editing bugs.
- Time Code Jam Menu display incorrectly showing a difference with drop frame.
- Fixed lock up when media is pulled during a copy process.
- Activating an input during record was incorrectly showing track as armed.
- Fixed intermittent lock up related to shutting down when exFAT media mounted.
- Fixed lock up when mounting a corrupt CF/SD Card.
- USB port is now reset when the 664 detects an unresponsive keyboard.
- Fixed intermittent lock up when power cycling with a keyboard attached.
- Fixed lock up when power cycling with Daily Folder Prompt displayed.
- Various system and media optimizations improving performance with monophonic file recording. See the 664 Approved Media List for further additions. Note: It is highly recommended to format media using this new version to benefit from these improvements.
664 Known Issues (February 16, 2015)